Don’t Go At It Alone
The Pastoral Counseling Ministry has pastoral counselors available to meet with Berean Church members who are dealing with personal or family life challenges. The Pastoral Counseling Team is dedicated to providing a compassionate listening ear and sound Biblical advice.
What is Pastoral Counseling?
- Pastoral counseling is confidential, Bible-based counseling by one trained and experienced in both pastoral and counseling ministry.
- Pastoral counseling is not designed to treat severe mental illness. We do not perform psychiatric or psychological evaluations, nor prescribe medication.
- The pastoral counselor uses prayer and scripture to welcome God’s presence into the healing process.
- A typical counseling session lasts one hour. After the first meeting, the counselor will make recommendations for follow-up appointments and participation in other support ministries at Berean Church.
- Because pastoral counseling is only one part of the overall ministry to individuals and families at Berean Church, counselees are encouraged to participate in weekly worship services, classes, support groups, and fellowships at Berean Church in order to achieve the maximum benefit from pastoral counseling.
- Counseling appointments are available free of charge to Berean Church members.
Location and Hours
- The Pastoral Counseling Ministry Center is located in the Pastoral Care Ministries office on the main floor of the Berean Community Outreach Center.
- Parking is available in the Conference Building parking area adjacent to the church during business hours.
- Hours of operation for the Pastoral Counseling Ministry are Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Wednesdays from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.